When going through difficult times – it is important to find time to relax and to have fun – it can help you keep a positive attitude. Some great ideas – free or low-cost:
- Go to your local library and check-out books and videos. There is no charge for checking out videos – pop some popcorn and have a movie night!
- Look through your paper (Atlanta – AJC.com – AccessAtlanta.com) and find free events in your community – concerts – art exhibits – parades – much to do in Metro Atlanta!
- Contact your counties Parks and Recreation Department and see if they have any free activities for families.
- The Georgia Parks Department offers events at parks throughout our state. Go to their website for more information: http://www.gastateparks.org
- Pack a picnic and go to a favorite spot outdoors for dinner – enjoy a sunset…
- Go to your Chamber of Commerce and get a guide to your county – make a trip to see historic sites.
- Take your bike and ride on the Silver Comet Trail – beautiful scenery and good exercise!
- Go camping – great way for a family to get away and enjoy the outdoors (at one of our state parks – link is above) or even camp in your backyard – make Smore’s – look at the stars…
- Contact Local Churches and find out what activities they have for members in your family.
- Go to a local high school ball game –- bring a thermos filled with hot chocolate to a football game – and feel the enthusiasm!
- A good way to reduce stress – EXERCISE – take a walk – or ride a bike – jog – swim at a city pool…
- Volunteer – in helping others you will find great reward.
- Attend a service at a local church. The messages can be very inspiring and can really make a difference in your week.
Remember – God loves you – and is there for you during this difficult time.
“If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to Me and I will give you rest… rest for your soul.”